Community discussions

MikroTik App

michaelcarey
Topic Author

One router... two ADSL connections

Sat May 05, 2012 8:30 am

Hi Everybody,

I want my RB750 router to handle two ADSL connections. I don't want anything like load balancing, each connection will remain separate.

Two ADSL modems, two PPPoE connections, two ADSL accounts, two ISP assigned public IP addresses... this is straightforward and fairly simple to set up. Destination NAT from the outside to internal servers is also straightforward and I have this working fine.

I would like to have one common internal ethernet interface but with two internal IP addresses... 192.168.0.1/24 and 192.168.0.2/24.
I want each internal IP address to be the gateway for the corresponding ADSL PPPoE connection. Eg if I set the default gateway on a PC to 192.168.0.1 then traffic will head out through the ADSL connection #1. If the default gateway on the PC's network config is 192.168.0.2 then traffic heads out through ADSL connection #2.

How do I set up Source NAT entries in RouterOS to do this?

Regards,

Michael.

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: One router... two ADSL connections

Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Google mikrotik one on one nat.
Happy days. :-)

michaelcarey
Topic Author

Re: One router... two ADSL connections

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:23 am

Apologies for the tardy reply to this follow up to my question... I've been tied up with doctors, hospitals, poking, probing and other things that I would have preferred to stay away from.

I've Googled "mikrotik one on one NAT" and couldn't really see how to use it in my application. It seems to map a range of public IP addresses to internal private ones.

Can someone show me how to configure one on one NAT so it allows two internal "gateway" addresses, one for each ADSL connection?

Michael.