Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

ners
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Any way to filter routes by gateway address?

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:45 pm

On every business day of the week I get a default route via DHCP which looks like 0.0.0.0/0 via 209.165.200.1 which gives full access, and on every weekend I get 0.0.0.0/0 via 10.120.0.1 instead which enables limited access.

Also I have a static default route via a PPPoE link which is always active. The value of distance for this route is set to "3"

I need to set the one going via 10.120.0.1 to distance=4 automatically on receive because if I ever get that route, I want my router to automatically failover to the PPPoE link so I still have Internet access on weekends without logging in to the router every friday manually changing AD for the PPPoE route.

I can't seem to find a way to modify AD on a route received dynamically (via DHCP). In /routing/filter I can only filter routes by for example pref-src or prefix/prefix-length which does not suit my needs.

The only difference between the "good" business days route and the "bad" weekend route is the gateway. Is there a way to automatically set the AD for the route via 10.120 to a value of "5"?