Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

geoff
just joined
Topic Author

Multiple usermanager customers and hotspots on same router

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:20 pm

I'm trying to set up two hotspot interfaces and two usermanager customers on the same router. Each hotspot has its own set of HTML pages, and each customer has its own set of profiles (speed, time limits, prices, etc). I'm using ROS 6.3

Design:
ether1=hotspot1
ether2=hotspot2

usermanager customers:

admin (parent): router = 127.0.0.1
->customer1 (owner, child of admin [own customers, own profiles, own limitations, inherit parent's router])
---->user: test (belongs to customer1, profile 1M/512K)
->customer2 (owner, child of admin [own customers, own profiles, own limitations, inherit parent's router])
---->user: test (belongs to customer2 profile 2M/256K)

I'm able to get both hotspots up and running without a problem. I can create two users (via usermanager) belonging to each customer with the same login without a problem.

I can log in with the newly created user on customer1, but when I try to log in with the same user using hotspot2 I get a "not more sessions allowed message". It appears as though the usermanager is ignoring the the source of the hotspot login when looking up users. I can verify that the profile information is being provided by customer1, and customer2 is being ignored. If I set "shared users" to 2 on hotspot1, I am now able to log in using hotspot2, but the profile information (e.g. rate limits) is definitely coming from customer1.

How do I associate requests from a particular hotspot to a corresponding usermanager customer? The only way I can see at the moment is to remove the admin customer, set up "customer1" and "customer2" as standalone customers and assign routers to each. The problem with that is each rouer IP needs to be unique, and since all radius requests coming from the hotspots originate from 127.0.0.1, this isn't possible. If I remember correctly, usermanager 3.x used a special "user-prefix" to differentiate between users on hotspots/customers, but usermanager 5.x+ made this redundant.

Is it possible to run multiple hotspots and multiple customers on the same router? If so, how? Is there some sort of field that needs to be included in the radius requests coming from the hotspots? Thanks.

geoff
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Multiple usermanager customers and hotspots on same rout

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:35 pm

I figured it out.

I set the following options for each hotspots "server profiles"
default domain: hostpot1
location id: hotspot1
location name: hotspot1
(I did the same for hotspot2)

I created two entries in the radius menu:
called id: hostpot1
domain: hotspot1
address: LAN IP of hotspot1 server
realm: hotspot
src address: LAN IP of hotspot1 server
(I did the same for hotspot2)

I set up three customers in usermanager
admin: owner
hotspot1: full (child of admin). added router with LAN IP of hotspot1 server
hotspot2: full (child of admin). added router with LAN IP of hotspot2 server

This setup works! username: test can exist on both hotspot accounts, and profiles are assigned accordingly.

Etza

Re: Multiple usermanager customers and hotspots on same router

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:37 pm

hi,
can i do this for 2 hotel ???
i have 2 hotel in same place, can i setup 2 hot spot with diferent user manager ??

example,
one user in hotel A, connect in ssid hotelA and login in hotspot with username/pass aaa, if go to hotel B conect to ssid hotelB login in hotspotB and not valid username/pass aaa login with username/pass bbb, if return to hotelA the username/pass aaa is valid and username/pass bbb is not valid
all this in same router

any help ???

ConnectivityEngineer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Multiple usermanager customers and hotspots on same router

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:31 am

Rather than retyping - this should help.
In short - each location gets their own network.
https://aacable.wordpress.com/2012/11/2 ... k-hotspot/

Does not matter if that interface is a Wireless or Wired @ that point.

The option to allow or not allow would be based upon entries within Radius ...
Glenn Kelley | MCTNA, MTCWE, MTCTCE, RHCE, RHCSS
http://Connectivity.Engineer
USA Based 24x7x365 Mikrotik, Juniper, Ubiquiti TAC & WISP / ISP Blind Label Support Call Center