Community discussions

MikroTik App

jayk
Topic Author

Stations Not Showing In IP Neighbors

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 pm

I am very new to the world of Mikrotik and routing. I have programmed an RB750 as my main router and have it hooked to three AP's via a transparent bridge. Two AP's are MikroTik's with vlan's and the other AP is a Ubiquiti with a vlan. On my RB750, in IP Neighbors, I can see the CPE's on the two MikroTik AP's but the CPE's on the Ubiquiti AP all show up on one line in IP Neighbors. By this I mean they seem to scroll by with each CPE showing on that line for about 5 seconds, then it changes to another CPE or the AP but all on the same one line. Would anyone have any idea what I might have wrong in the programming of the RB750 to cause this? Also I can't seem to Mac Telnet any MikroTik station from within IP Neighbors. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

deejayq
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Stations Not Showing In IP Neighbors

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 am

what type of CPE's are you using?
maybe there is some incompatibility between Mikrotik CPE's and Ubiquiti AP's

jayk
Topic Author

Re: Stations Not Showing In IP Neighbors

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:58 pm

We have a mix of MikroTik & Ubiquiti CPE's on all of our AP's. This isn't the problem as we have used this mix for several years with no problem. Everything seems to work fine. Customers are authenticating and getting their proper speed. Its just everything in IP > Neighbors looks funny and I can right click on a user and log into their CPE. I figure either I have something programmed wrong or this is the way the RB750 acts. Just not sure which it is.