Community discussions

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Netmetal 5

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:14 pm

I cannot reset Netmetal 5, is there any secret or any magic words? :)

reset jumber doesnot work.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Netmetal 5

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Newer models have more functions on the button. See if you follow the steps carefully:

1) Hold this button during boot time until LED light starts flashing,
release the button to reset RouterOS configuration (total 5 seconds)

2) Keep holding for 5 more seconds, LED turns solid, release now to turn on CAPs mode (total 10 seconds)

3) Or Keep holding the button for 5 more seconds until until LED turns off,
then release it to make the RouterBOARD look for Netinstall servers (total 15 seconds)
No answer to your question? How to write posts

Congobill
just joined

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Hello!
My netmetal OS "crashed", but when i tried to give re-install it... the netinstall doesn`t see the netmetal... Is there something to do? or is it in comma forever?
I left the reset button 15 seconds like normis said, nothing at all happened, only the flashing without beeping (don`t know if it's right or wrong)

(i have used the netinstall many other times without problems... this isn´t the first commatose mikrotik jajaja)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:02 am

If the LED is flashing, it is still in "Reset" mode. Try to keep holding the button longer

The PC must have no firewall or antivirus, and run the Netinstall.exe in "Administrator" mode. Try other PC if you have. Also disable the PC wireless and other interfaces, leave only the one that is directly connected to the netmetal with a cable.

Then turn off the Netmetal, hold the button, plug in power (keep holding button!), hold it for 20 sec more, until in Netinstall you can see the device
No answer to your question? How to write posts

Congobill
just joined

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:41 pm

If the LED is flashing, it is still in "Reset" mode. Try to keep holding the button longer

The PC must have no firewall or antivirus, and run the Netinstall.exe in "Administrator" mode. Try other PC if you have. Also disable the PC wireless and other interfaces, leave only the one that is directly connected to the netmetal with a cable.

Then turn off the Netmetal, hold the button, plug in power (keep holding button!), hold it for 20 sec more, until in Netinstall you can see the device

Thanks Norbis

I followed your indications but i didn´t have good results... :(

after one minute of having the reset button pressed (i started pushing it before en
ergizing the net metal)...
i have led of PWR, ETH are stable ON but the USR/SFP is OFF ... netmetal does not show anything

Do you have any idea of what can i do next?