Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

mainTAP
Topic Author

CRS VLAN assignment in service vlan bridge

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi there,

Can you please advise how the vlan port assignment work in case you set the Cloud Router Switch in service vlan bride mode ?
/interface ethernet switch
set bridge-type=service-vid-used-as-lookup-vid
In case of standard customer vlan bride mode, the vlan assignments dictate what port belongs to which vlan :
for instance :
/interface ethernet switch vlan
add ports=ether2,ether6 vlan-id=200 learn=yes
add ports=ether2,ether7 vlan-id=300 learn=yes
add ports=ether2,ether8 vlan-id=400 learn=yes
sets the specified ports into the vlan and then the traffic is switched between the members of the vlan

How does this assignment work in case of "service-vid-used-as-lookup-vid" option ?

Would it work in the same principle but take the service tag into consideration ? Meaning that it would switch traffic between the ports assigned to particular vlans but the vlan ID would be the service tag rather than the customer tag ?

Thank you very much in advance.

mainTAP
Topic Author

Re: CRS VLAN assignment in service vlan bridge

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Am I right if I say that :

When I assign a port to a vlan :
/interface ethernet switch vlan
add ports=ether1 vlan-id=200 learn=yes
1) It should tag the incoming traffic with this tag ( in case of customer bridge mode, it should use the customer vlan (.1q) tags , and if service bridge is used, it should use service (.1ad) tags )

2) The traffic is switched internally based on either customer vlan ( if customer bridge mode is used ) or service vlan ( if service bridge mode is used )

3) If the traffic leaves the port ether1, it should strip the corresponding tag (.1q in customer bridge , .1ad in service bridge mode ).

Can somebody please clarify this for me ?

Thank you very much.