Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

maryl16
just joined
Topic Author

Access to all Routerboard from a single point in the network

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:09 am

Hello,
I'd like to access from one network to all devices on my network MT. for example, plug in the router 1 (I'm in the network 192.168.88.0/24) and derives from them access to all the routers and APs. How can I do that. It's about gaining access to the winbox and Dude.

GuJack20
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Access to all Routerboard from a single point in the network

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:57 am

Hello

If you are in a routed network, you can use static routes or maybe vpn (pptp for example).
I would prefer pptp, i.e. every device starts a pptp connection to the main router, so you can access the devices through their new client vpn ip.
--Do you remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else!

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:10 am

If all your devices are in bridge/switch then you should have access directly. If you want to join two networks over the Internet you need to make some tunnel and route the traffic through it. Each network should have different subnet of course.

marrold

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:45 am

Check out RoMON - it's great for this. You may need EoIP / IPSEC tunnels between the devices though.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:RoMON
I'm a SIP / VoIP engineer. Feel free to ask questions...

maryl16
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Thank you for your interest and support.
I used the first idea, but the rest of it I learned a lot. :D

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:40 pm

i am using nat rules in main router to connect from outside to rbsxt in the same network.
romon feature is really cool, but for me does not work. i always get the message "disconnected" when i connect with romon to main router and after i try to connect to discovered devices. i have just enable romon tick in tools romon. nothing else special.
can u give an example of how is the setup with vpn. u mean that i setup vpn server (pptp) to router and to rbsxt ap i setup vpn client to connect to main router, right? after what? how i connect to ap from outside?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.