443 Configuration on Firewall

i would like to configure:

internet to point at 192.168.0.242 on 443
and outbound traffic to go to 41.77.1.113 on 443
internet–>192.168.0.242:443
192.168.0.242–>41.77.1.113:443

but everytime i configure this, one on them doesnt go through, i need help with resolving this.

Hi,

What it means?: “everytime I configure this…”?

What is your setup?

My best guess (that you want to port forward port 443 to internal IP address 192.168.0.242) would be following the documentation and replace IP (replace 192.168.1.1 with 192.168.0.242) and port (replace 80 with 443) according to your requirements:

Hi Bartosz,

The setup is as follows:

  • I’m using a MikroTik router to manage the network.
  • The internal server at 192.168.0.242 is hosting a service that needs to:
    1. Accept incoming HTTPS traffic from the internet on port 443.
    2. Simultaneously initiate an outbound connection to an external server at 41.77.1.113 on port 443.
  • I’ve configured port forwarding (DST-NAT) on the router to forward internet traffic on port 443 to 192.168.0.242:443.
  • I’ve also configured outbound NAT (SRC-NAT) to allow 192.168.0.242 to reach 41.77.1.113 on the same port (443).

The problem is that when both rules are in place, one of the connections tends to fail — either the inbound traffic doesn’t reach the server, or the server can’t establish the outbound connection.

For LAN → WAN trafic there is no need to configure anything @ typical configuration.

Post your config ( /export file=anynameyouwish ) with personal data removed. It would help analyze problem.