6.49.23 [long-term] is released!

6.49.23 [long-term] is released!

Before an upgrade:

Remember to make backup/export files before an upgrade and save them on another storage device;
Make sure the device will not lose power during upgrade process;
Device has enough free storage space for all RouterOS packages to be downloaded.

What's new in 6.49.23 (2026-10-07):

  • system - improve stability (includes CVE-2026-84411);

To upgrade, click Check For Updates under System/Packages menu and select the long term Channel in RouterOS configuration interface, or head to our download page: http://www.mikrotik.com/download

  • Everything went smoothly
  • I encountered an issue after the update (please post about the device, configuration, and unexpected symptoms)
  • I encountered an issue, but solved it (please post the solution)
0 voters

If you experience version related issues, then please send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. The file must be generated while a router is not working as suspected or after some problem has appeared on the device

Please keep this forum topic strictly related to this particular RouterOS release.

Damn it, I had just finished installing version 6.49.22 everywhere...

You KNEW there was still one fix in the pipeline :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yes, I was joking... actually, I was hoping it would come up.

Two words: "Job security"! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ve updated around a hundred devices across dozens of different types: no issues.

So far, I’ve only updated one CHR from 7.23.7 ​​to 7.23.8: everything is fine for now.
I’ll post a full report in the 7.23.8 thread later when I upgrade also the other 4/5 devices with 7.23.7.

OT:

Impressive...
The southernmost piece of equipment I’ve ever seen... is a set of mANTs on the Strait of Magellan...