Hello everyone, I need your help to understand whether this issue is with my ISP or with Mikrotik’s websites.
When I try to access any *.mikrotik.com domain, I get a timeout during the SSL handshake.
❯ curl -v https://mikrotik.com/support/
* Host mikrotik.com:443 was resolved.
* IPv6: 2a02:610:7501:2000::205
* IPv4: 159.148.172.205
* Trying [2a02:610:7501:2000::205]:443...
* Trying 159.148.172.205:443...
* Connected to mikrotik.com (2a02:610:7501:2000::205) port 443
* ALPN: curl offers h2,http/1.1
* TLSv1.3 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* CAfile: /usr/lib/ssl/cert.pem
* CApath: /usr/lib/ssl/certs
* SSL connection timeout
* closing connection #0
curl: (28) SSL connection timeout
I can ping the Mikrotik domains normally.
❯ mtr mikrotik.com --show-ips --aslookup --report-wide --mpls
Start: 2025-06-29T17:06:36-0300
HOST: daktor Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
1. AS18881 2804:[REDACT] 0.0% 10 54.2 41.7 2.1 115.7 36.5
2. AS??? ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
3. AS??? 2001:12e0:500:c067:201:1:224:160 0.0% 10 12.3 41.5 4.9 79.2 29.2
4. AS??? 2001:12e0:100:1017:a002:1028:a005:10 0.0% 10 75.3 33.8 4.9 75.3 28.0
5. AS??? 2001:12e0:100:1017:a001:1017:a002:20 90.0% 10 7.8 7.8 7.8 7.8 0.0
6. AS12956 2001:1498:1:966:1::1721 60.0% 10 87.4 71.8 9.5 95.3 41.6
7. AS12956 2001:1498:1::100:145 50.0% 10 214.1 155.8 126.9 214.1 33.6
8. AS??? ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
9. AS3356 lo0.0.edge8.Frankfurt1.level3.net (2001:4c08::8e) 0.0% 10 218.0 256.2 218.0 299.6 33.8
10. AS3356 2001:1900:5:2:2::9a26 50.0% 10 326.9 367.6 306.7 474.4 65.7
11. AS??? ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
12. AS??? ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
13. AS??? ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
14. AS51894 2a02:610:7501:2000::205 0.0% 10 352.9 307.1 243.7 392.6 59.5
Some points:
- This error isn’t tied to my computer; it happens on every device.
- Forcing the connection over IPv4 works normally.
- Only Mikrotik domains appear to be affected.
When I try to access their sites, I just get a timeout.


