Forward (proxy / redirect / retransmit) NetFlow (Traffic Flow) to external "server"

I’ve searched the Forum (for couple of hours) and did not find anything that could help me accomplish next:

I have several Mikrotik devices using private IP addresses (in my local network) and I wish to send NetFlow(s) from all those devices to a remote server. I need some kind of Proxy or forwarder but am unable to find such thing. I have a spare Mikrotik and Linux server(s) on which I could run necessary service/app …

Has anyone done this before? Do you know of any tools to make this happen??


Thanks,
Dejan J.

A free & good Netflow Collector is not that easy to find (anymore)
Configuring the Mikrotik (or several) to forward Netflow info to your collector is quite easy. It is not a problem that this collector is “remote”. It may even be on Internet and then you make sure you have some NAT in place and FW-rules to allow the Netflow-export to pass. To my knowledge this should just work.

I’ve been searching a lot in the past, and nProbe is now also commercial software so not free (anymore)
(https://www.ntop.org/products/netflow/nprobe/)

Some other :
https://www.pcwdld.com/free-open-source-netflow-analyzers

Oh, at least there’s something to start with …

I was thinking of trying port forwarding on the Mikrotik, but I’m not sure if that would work …

I just found this one http://www.pmacct.net/ … one of the things it does : “Replicates incoming IPFIX, NetFlow and sFlow packets to remote collectors…”

Thanks,
I’ll post if I get something working!!! :slight_smile: