hAP ax2 not booting / not visible in Netinstall after restart

Netinstall + hAP ax2.

A few days ago, the router restarted on its own and hasn't been able to boot since.

Here is what I'm doing:

  • Cable connected to eth1.

  • Holding down the Reset button: USR blinks -> stays solid -> turns off.

  • I keep holding Reset, but even after a minute, Netinstall still doesn't detect it...

My setup and troubleshooting steps:

  • Running Netinstall on Windows 11 as Administrator.

  • Firewall and Antivirus are completely disabled.

  • Tried connecting directly to the PC as well as through a switch.

  • Tried using older versions of Netinstall.

  • Wireshark shows no traffic coming from the router at all.

Does anyone have any other ideas, or is it time to send it in for an RMA/warranty replacement?

Make sure ALL Network related interfaces except that ethernet connection are disabled on that Windows PC.
Personally I have close to 100% success using a Linux box, only kept for this purpose.

Have you tried BOTH bootloaders?
Netinstall on RM3011 Fails need help (technical questions) - #12 by jaclaz

And on what Ethernet port did you connected the Windows 11 to?

I haven't tried using Linux. I'll give it a try and let you know.

On Linux also nothing...

On what Ethernet port on the hAP ax 2 ?

On eth1.

Once, in a similar situation with a CAP ax, what helped was desoldering the flash chip, reading it several times until the dump was read without errors, and then writing the dump back to the chip. The device has been working for a couple of years now.