MQTT broker setting does neither use nor accept IPv6 adresses

Hello,

I am running into a problem trying to use IPv6 for MQTT connectivity.
If I enter a DNS-Name into the address field for the MQTT broker, the router does not resolve the AAAA-Record and never uses IPv6 connectivity. This is sadly in line with most of the internal RouterOS IPv6 connection handling (wireguard, ping).

But even when I explicitly enter the IPv6 address as address for the broker, the connection is never made. It expects a dns record or a IPv4 address as it seems.

For the record, the router has working IPv6 connectivity and is able to reach broker when using ping and other methods.

Will there be any improvement on this? I would be very glad to hear.

I had the same finding and took a note on it March, last year. Haven't done anything like reporting it as a support ticket to 'Tik though, so they might not be aware.