Hi,
I have been having a persistent startup problem with the LTE7 modem in my MikroTik wAP ax LTE7 kit for quite some time.
With RouterOS 7.23.3, after a reboot or complete power cycle, the LTE modem usually did not initialize properly. The LTE interface would alternate between states such as:
radio off
modem not ready
The modem capabilities would also periodically disappear from WebFig. In the LTE debug log I repeatedly saw:
lte1: sent ATE0
approximately every 30–60 seconds, apparently without the modem completing initialization.
Interestingly, with 7.23.3, if I left the router powered on long enough, the modem would usually eventually start working by itself, typically within 1–2 hours. Occasionally disabling/enabling lte1 also seemed to help. Once the modem actually initialized, LTE worked normally and I have measured approximately 40/40 Mbps, so the cellular connection itself seems fine.
I have now upgraded to RouterOS 7.25beta3, partly because of the LTE7-related fixes in newer RouterOS releases.
Unfortunately, the behaviour now seems worse: after upgrading to 7.25beta3 and performing a complete power cycle, the LTE7 modem has not initialized at all for approximately 24 hours.
The log continues to show repeated:
lte1: sent ATE0
but the modem never reaches a usable state.
The problem therefore existed already with 7.23.3, but with that version the modem would eventually initialize after enough time. With 7.25beta3 it has so far failed to initialize completely.
Has anyone seen similar behaviour with the R11l-LTE7? Is there additional LTE/USB/modem debug logging I could enable to determine whether the modem is resetting, disappearing from the bus, or simply not responding to the initial ATE0 command?
I can provide a supout.rif and detailed LTE debug logs if useful.
Thanks!

