V7.21rc [testing] is released!

Unfortunately. after a few hours trying 7.21rc1 on my home RB5009, I have to downgrade back to 7.20.5. This is the first time I had to downgrade something on this RB5009. The issues I encountered include:

  • The prefix lifetime change mentioned in the post above.

  • Fasttrack (both IPv4 and IPv6) no longer working. All the counters on the "dummy" dynamic rules are not increasing except for a few KiB and a few packets on the IPv4 dummy counters which appear to have increased for a very short time right after reboot.

  • Very simple DSTNAT rules simply no longer work, in both the IPv4 and IPv6 NAT tables. Here as some of the rules:

    /ip firewall nat
    add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat dst-address-type=local dst-port=53 \
        in-interface-list=VLAN protocol=udp to-addresses=10.23.8.6
    add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat dst-address-type=local dst-port=53 \
        in-interface-list=VLAN protocol=tcp to-addresses=10.23.8.6
    add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat dst-address-type=local dst-port=853 \
        in-interface-list=VLAN protocol=tcp to-addresses=10.23.8.6
    

    The counters are simply not increasing and stays at 0 except for the first rule which has a couple of packets counted. When I turn on logging on all of the rules and reboot the router, it turns out that right after reboot for some seconds, the DSTNAT rules would be hit (hence the few packets counters). However after a few tens of seconds, none of the counters are increasing and nothing is logged anymore. Something might have changed internally after the post boot activities have completed. Replacing in-interface-list with in-interface made no difference.

    It might have something to do with the fasttrack counters also stop increasing after a short period after boot.

Anyway, I've downgraded back to 7.20.5 and everything is working normally again. Once I've more time, I'll try to reproduce the issues on other devices.