Community discussions

Cascuda
Topic Author

Usage GPON module SFP in Spain

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello
I live in Spain and my provider "Orange" usage PLOAM psw to indentify the ONT in the OLT. This method its used by other ISP as Movistar, Vodafone and etc. These companies usage the normative ITU-T Rec. G.984.3 that sayed in step 10.2.2 "ONU state specification" the metod of valitation:
Operation state (O5)
Once in this state, the ONU can send upstream data and PLOAM messages as directed by
the OLT. Additional connections can be established with the ONU as required while in this
state. Once the network is ranged, and all the ONUs are working with their correct
equalization delay, all upstream bursts will be synchronized together between all the ONUs.
The upstream transmissions will arrive separately, each one in its correct location within
the upstream GTC frame
I can usage others models of ONT "Alcatel Lucent G-010G-P - Huawei HG8240 or Edge Core GG-11000" but before, I have to modify the value PLOAM psw or IdOnt "IdONT is equal to PLOAM psw" and next the ONT run well in the network of ISP.

My questios is, how can I send the PLOAM psw from the GPON Mikrotik?

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Re: Usage GPON module SFP in Spain

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Actually we tested the module many times and don't get stablish the connection whit the OLT for this reason. The ID ONT is no way to set/send through a ploam messsage to the OLT with this module.

We have a many custommers interested in this solution, to use a more cheap and robust hardware like mikrotik, and avoid the poor hardware of their ISP's, but for the moment mikrotik no respond the questions, and I think the best option is go away to another brand like cisco or telnet, a little bit more expensive but they offer this solution.

regards
Last edited by CarlitoxxPro on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:48 pm

Write to support directly asking and reasoning (or linking to this post) the need.
Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication - Da Vinci
Getting the most out of this forum

Cascuda
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Write to support directly asking and reasoning (or linking to this post) the need.
Hello Pukkita,
I've talked with support and they responded:
Hello,

There is a new firmware in development at the moment. When it's released then it will be possible to change various registration ID's and Passwords in the module. At the moment however it is not yet know when it's going to be released.

Also current batch modules will only be upgradable through OLT.

Best regards,
Krisjanis

--
MikroTik.com

Come to the MUM conferences, registration open in Central America (Guatemala City), Colombia, Khabarovsk, Novosibirsk, Europe (Milan), Vietnam, Cambodia!
http://mum.mikrotik.com/
Then the users of the Spain Comunity, we'll have to wait by one solution...

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:21 pm

We sent a few messages to mikrotik support and we sended the questions to others resellers/distributors to know if they have a solution for this but any have a solution.

How it's possible than mikrotik no have an estimated date to release the new firmware? and can be possible configure the module with the ONT ID like any other conventional ONT

We think the configuration of the ONT ID should be via a new configuration section on the router, via console or winbox. that is the correct and the easy way.

regards
Last edited by CarlitoxxPro on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:14 pm

How it's possible than mikrotik no have an estimated date to release the new firmware? and can be possible configure the module with the ONT ID like any other conventional ONT
All companies have limited resources and have to prioritize their goals, moreso in the Disruptive Tecnologies market segment, where companies need to move fast and adapt to market conditions.
We think the configuration of the ONT ID should be via a new configuration section on the router, via console or winbox. that is the correct and the easy way.
As far as I could read Support has said that ONTs with current, non-configurable firmware will require an OLT to be upgraded to the new firmware when it's released, but nowhere is said it won't be configurable by the user once it has been upgraded to the new firmware.
Then the users of the Spain Comunity, we'll have to wait by one solution...
I'm asumming you're speaking from a FTTH user perspective (not provider). In such case, I usually setup the ISP ONT in bridge mode, and connect a suitable routerboard for the bandwidth (RB951Ui, hAP AC/AC lite, RB3011...) most times is cheaper.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:35 am

Hello,

I'm in the same situation with Movistar.
Today I received a Huawei SFP that I try to change the Idont directly when reading and writing the eprom of the SFP.
This option is because after consulting the support the answer was that it was not possible to change this parameter.

Correct or wrong i will comment the result in this post.

Regards.
----------------
Hola,

Yo estoy en la misma situación con Movistar.
Precisamente hoy he recibido un SFP de Huawei al que pretendo/intentaré cambiarle directamente el Idont al leer y escribir la eprom del SFP.
La única opción era esta precisamente porque después de consultar al soporte la respuesta fue que no era posible cambiar este parámetro.

Salga bien o salga mal iré comentando en este mismo post el resultado.

Un saludo.
http://www.alferez.es | MTCNA | MTCRE | MTCINE

Cascuda
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:44 am

I'm asumming you're speaking from a FTTH user perspective (not provider). In such case, I usually setup the ISP ONT in bridge mode, and connect a suitable routerboard for the bandwidth (RB951Ui, hAP AC/AC lite, RB3011...) most times is cheaper.
In my case, I want it for my house and is to have only a router.
Now I have my “RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN” mikrotik and the “Alcatel Lucent G-010G-P” ont of Orange to connecting to Internet. But always you have a dispositive where you not have the all control about him. :oops:
As me, other people and companies of Spain or other countries are looking for the same solution... and I have hope to Mikrotik can help to get it.

Cascuda
Topic Author

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:53 am

Hello,

I'm in the same situation with Movistar.
Today I received a Huawei SFP that I try to change the Idont directly when reading and writing the eprom of the SFP.
This option is because after consulting the support the answer was that it was not possible to change this parameter.

Correct or wrong i will comment the result in this post.

Regards.
----------------
Hola,

Yo estoy en la misma situación con Movistar.
Precisamente hoy he recibido un SFP de Huawei al que pretendo/intentaré cambiarle directamente el Idont al leer y escribir la eprom del SFP.
La única opción era esta precisamente porque después de consultar al soporte la respuesta fue que no era posible cambiar este parámetro.

Salga bien o salga mal iré comentando en este mismo post el resultado.

Un saludo.
All the comments are well received.
I hope you have chance of is firts person on connect to the OLT of ISP without the electronic from them.I hope to read your results soon

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:41 pm

We receive this documentation from MOVISTAR (spain), where is detailed how it works the FTTH service.

https://www.telefonica.es/documents/254 ... 31d6b3955a (in spanish)

The interested part is this: "6.5.2 PROCESO DE ACTIVACIÓN BASADO EN PLOAM PASSWORD" ----> Trans: 6.5.2 Activation process basen on PLOAM PASSWORD

The Mikrotik SFP-ONU have write-protection?. if interesting if anyone have a eeprom programer to try set the S/N and LOID/idONT/PLOAM PW values of the old ONT(ISP Provided) in the SFP module and try if works.

We have the SFP-ONU module but not the eeprom programer (is expensive 260€ aprox).

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 pm

In spanish:
--------------

Esto confirma lo que yo comentaba. Esta es la prueba que tengo pendiente. Tengo para poder programar tengo un sfp de huawei para cambiar el s/n. Desconozco si el de Mikrotik está protegido.
Primero probaré con este que es el que tengo a la mano e indicaré si ha funcionado o no.

Lo que entiendo es que ese S/N que ellos llaman es el famoso IDont que tiene configurada, ya que el S/N de mi ONT no corresponde con mi IDont y si fuera el S/N Físico no se podría cambiar una ONT por otra sólo con ese número.

In BAD English:
------------------------
This confirms what I said. This is the test that I have pending. I have to be able to program I have a huawei sfp to change the s / n. I do not know if Mikrotik is protected.
First I will try with this one that is the one that I have at hand and will indicate if it has worked or not.

What I understand is that the S / N they call is the famous IDont that they have configured, since the S / N of my ONT does not correspond with my IDont and if it was the Physical S / N it would not be possible to change an ONT for another Only with that number.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:05 am

He estado buscando más información, ya que tengo que tirar la fibra hasta el mikrotik desde la ont.
He encontrado los distintos métodos :
SN authentication: The OLT detects the serial number (SN) reported by an ONT. If the SN is consistent with the OLT configuration, authentication is passed and the ONT goes online. This mode requires recording all ONT SNs. Hence, it is used to confirm auto discovery ONTs and is not applicable to adding ONTs in batches.

Password authentication: The OLT detects the password reported by an ONT. If the password is consistent with the OLT configuration, the ONT goes online normally. This mode requires planning ONT passwords and does not require manually recording ONT SNs. Hence, it is applicable to adding ONTs in batches. The password authentication provides two discovery modes: always-on and once-on.

always-on: After first password authentication is passed, no SN is allocated and password authentication is always used in subsequent authentications. This discovery mode is easy for future maintenance. In the always-on discovery mode, configuration is not required to be modified when an ONT is replaced and only the password is required. The always-on discovery mode has lower security. If other users know the password, the users will illegally have service permissions.

Once-on: After first password authentication is passed, an SN is automatically allocated and password+SN authentication is used in subsequent authentications. An ONT can go online only after the correct password and SN are entered. The once-on authentication mode has high security. After an ONT is replaced or the password is mistakenly changed, the ONT needs to be configured again, which requires more maintenance effort.

SN+password authentication: The OLT detects the password and SN reported by an ONT. If the password and SN are consistent with the OLT configuration, the ONT goes online normally. This authentication mode has the highest security but it requires manually recording ONT SNs.

LOID+CHECKCODE authentication: defined by a telecom operator. In this authentication mode, LOID has 24 bytes, and CHECKCODE has 12 bytes and is optional. Whether 24 bytes or 36 bytes are used for authentication depends on data planning, which is unified over the entire network. The OLT determines whether LOID+CHECKCODE reported by the ONT is the same as the configured one. If they are the same, the ONT authentication is passed. If they are different, the OLT obtains the ONT password and compares it with the last 10 bytes of the LOID. If they are the same, the ONT authentication is also passed. This operation is for compatibility with the ONTs using password authentication.

Entiendo que nosotros usamos sólo password porque podemos cambiar sin problemas el ont por otro, por ejemplo un hgu,y ahí cambiamos la Mac pero sigue funcionando siempre y cuando pongamos el idont.

Por lo que leo éste otro post de aquí :
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=103383

From China, LOID not is Module Vendor SN,

Vendor SN in EEPROM A0H, Address 68~83 Byte, Size is 16 Byte,

Loid in EEPROM A2H, Address 190~213 Byte, Size is 24 Byte

And....

Password for Loid in EEPROM A2H, Address 214~225 Byte, Size is 12 Byte

So....

Your need wirte to EEPROM for change Loid

aarango
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 am

Hola a ambos. Disculpad por entrometerme en un tema sobre GPON y SFP, pero tengo una duda en cuanto a la ONT - Mikrotik y aprovecho el habla hispana para decirlo ya que veo que tenéis algo montado similar a lo que pretendo.

Tenemos fibra con Movistar y quiero enchufar la ONT al router Mikrotik (CCR1016), ¿qué configuración debo hacer en el router de Movistar para que todo el tráfico pase al router Mikrotik y sea este quien gestione todo? ¿Poner el router movistar como Bridge en el panel del router? ¿alguna extra configuración?

Gracias.

Cascuda
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:23 am

Hola a ambos. Disculpad por entrometerme en un tema sobre GPON y SFP, pero tengo una duda en cuanto a la ONT - Mikrotik y aprovecho el habla hispana para decirlo ya que veo que tenéis algo montado similar a lo que pretendo.

Tenemos fibra con Movistar y quiero enchufar la ONT al router Mikrotik (CCR1016), ¿qué configuración debo hacer en el router de Movistar para que todo el tráfico pase al router Mikrotik y sea este quien gestione todo? ¿Poner el router movistar como Bridge en el panel del router? ¿alguna extra configuración?

Gracias.
Spanish:
Tienes que poner el HGU de Movistar "Todo en Uno" en modo Bridge y luego en tu Mikrotik levantas la conexion PPoE. Lo malo de esta configuracion, es que la gestion de las Vlan's la sigue gestionando el HGU de Movistar. A mayores, si quieres usar un Softphone dentro de tu red "Mikrotik" tu tendras que habilitar en el HGU "Enable IGMP Multicast Proxy" y luego en tu Mikrotik hacer una ruta static de este poll 10.0.0.0/ 8 hacia el HGU.

English:
You've to put the HGU MOVISTAR "All in Onel" in bridge mode and then in your mikrotik router configurate the PPoE connection. A problem this configuracion is that the HGU MOVISTAR continue with the Vlan management. Also if you want configurate a Softphone on your mikrotik network, you has to enable in the HGU "Enable IGMP Multicast Proxy" and next in your mikrotik you have to configurate a static route 10.0.0.0/8 submit to HGU Router.
Sorry moderators for writing in Spanish.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:31 am

Being this a country-specific usability issue, there's no problem as long as you post on both languages.

aarango
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:10 am

Gracias.
Spanish:
Tienes que poner el HGU de Movistar "Todo en Uno" en modo Bridge y luego en tu Mikrotik levantas la conexion PPoE. Lo malo de esta configuracion, es que la gestion de las Vlan's la sigue gestionando el HGU de Movistar. A mayores, si quieres usar un Softphone dentro de tu red "Mikrotik" tu tendras que habilitar en el HGU "Enable IGMP Multicast Proxy" y luego en tu Mikrotik hacer una ruta static de este poll 10.0.0.0/ 8 hacia el HGU.

English:
You've to put the HGU MOVISTAR "All in Onel" in bridge mode and then in your mikrotik router configurate the PPoE connection. A problem this configuracion is that the HGU MOVISTAR continue with the Vlan management. Also if you want configurate a Softphone on your mikrotik network, you has to enable in the HGU "Enable IGMP Multicast Proxy" and next in your mikrotik you have to configurate a static route 10.0.0.0/8 submit to HGU Router.
First, I'm sorry to use spanish in this post.

Spanish:
Vaya fastidio que no podamos deshacernos del router de Movistar de ninguna manera. Entonces entiendo que a grandes rasgos es poner el router Movistar en Bridge y luego configurar el PPoE server en el router Mikrotik con los datos de conexión y listo, ¿no?
Gracias

English:
Its a shit that we can't drop out our Movistar's router. I understand that I should setup Movistar's routre as bridge and after setup PPoE server on Mikrotik with details connetion. dont?
Thanks.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Spanish:
Vaya fastidio que no podamos deshacernos del router de Movistar de ninguna manera. Entonces entiendo que a grandes rasgos es poner el router Movistar en Bridge y luego configurar el PPoE server en el router Mikrotik con los datos de conexión y listo, ¿no?
Gracias

English:
Its a **it that we can't drop out our Movistar's router. I understand that I should setup Movistar's routre as bridge and after setup PPoE server on Mikrotik with details connetion. dont?
Thanks.
Yes, but first you need activate vlan 2 and 6 in ethernet cable. Vlan 2 with dhcp for voip and vlan6 with ppoe client for internet conection.

Cascuda
Topic Author

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:49 pm

Spanish:
Gracias

English:
Its a **it that we can't drop out our Movistar's router. I understand that I should setup Movistar's routre as bridge and after setup PPoE server on Mikrotik with details connetion. dont?
Thanks.
Yes, but first you need activate vlan 2 and 6 in ethernet cable. Vlan 2 with dhcp for voip and vlan6 with ppoe client for internet conection.
If have the HGU rouuter "All in One" this point it's not necesary.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Spanish:
Gracias

English:
Thanks.

Cliente PPPoE, no server PPPoE. Dependiendo del sitio, la ONT en bridge pasa la conexion de datos por Vlan6 o no.

En todos los sitios que he mirado recientemente ya no pasan las VLANs en modo bridge, por lo que has de "colgar" el cliente PPPoE directamente de la ether que conectes a la ONT.

In English:
PPPoE client, not PPPoE server. Depending on location, the bridged ONT will use Vlan6 for data, or not.

Most recent installs I've been looking at no longer hand out VLANs in bridged mode, so you need to put the PPPoE client directly on the ether interface connected to the ONT.

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Our Parthner SFPTotal try to help us in this case and this is their response about that:
If I understand correctly, we are talking about Mikrotik SFP GPON ONU.

It's ONU in the form factor of SFP based on Marvel SoC. This module working on Linux OS (Mikrotik firmware) and have XML configuration files, which contain all PON connection parameters. Often ISPs use the GPON ONU authentication procedure using the serial number and PLOAM password as unique client code (ITU-T G.984.3).

This is config file:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cnfg>
    <PON>
        <!--  PON serial number - up to 8 symbols   -->
        <PON_serial_num>MKTK00010203</PON_serial_num>
        <!--  PON serial source: 0 - xml, 1 - digit part is taken from MAC lower 4 bytes-->
        <PON_serial_src>1</PON_serial_src>
        <!--  PON password - up to 10 symbols   -->
        <PON_passwd>1234567890</PON_passwd>
        <!--  PON SN disabled: 0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE    -->
        <PON_dis_sn>0</PON_dis_sn>
        <!--  gem reset on fiber disconnect: 0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE    -->
        <PON_gem_reset>0</PON_gem_reset>
        <!--  tcont reset on fiber disconnect: 0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE    -->
        <PON_tcont_reset>1</PON_tcont_reset>
        <!--  PON Dying Gasp polarity: 0 = low, 1 = high    -->
        <PON_DG_polarity>0</PON_DG_polarity>
        <!--  PON XVR Burst Enable Polarity: 0 - high; 1 - low    -->
        <PON_XVR_burst_enable_polarity>0</PON_XVR_burst_enable_polarity>
        <!--  PON XVR Polarity: 0 - high; 1 - low    -->
        <PON_XVR_polarity>1</PON_XVR_polarity>
        <!--  P2P XVR burst enable polarity: 0 - high; 1 - low    -->
        <P2P_XVR_burst_enable_polarity>1</P2P_XVR_burst_enable_polarity>
        <!--  P2P XVR Polarity: 0 - high; 1 - low    -->
        <P2P_XVR_polarity>0</P2P_XVR_polarity>
        <!--  gem ports restore after return from State 7: 0 = FALSE, 1 = TRUE -->
        <PON_gem_restore>1</PON_gem_restore>
        <!--  Psa FEC Ind Bit Hyst: number of fram 1-4 -->
        <PON_fec_hyst>1</PON_fec_hyst>
        <!--  Coupling Mode: 0 = DC, 1 = AC -->
        <PON_coupling_mode>1</PON_coupling_mode>
    </PON>
</cnfg>
We had to open the module and remove the memory chip to get this information.

Unfortunately, our programming boards can't help you in this issue, because they are designed to program modules throught I2C interface.

To change config file you should demount SPI flash and fix image of the memory,
or connect to console of the module through serial port interface. It possible, but we haven't information about contacts on PCB.

If you find better way to solve this issue, pls, let us know.
Why mikrotik does not help us with this issue adding a feature in the routerOS to modify these values like a conventional ONT?
They can sell many more sfp-onu modules, routers/switches, not just individuals, but also that we, as a company, would create commercial channels to take them to a much wider market.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Yes, it is absurd because they themselves close commercial options with it. When companies like TP-Link create ONT devices you can configure IDont without problems. Hopefully not a feature left for RouterOS 7

Si, es absurdo porque ellos mismos se cierran puertas comerciales con ello. Cuando empresas como TP-Link crean dispositivos ONT que puedes configurar el IDont sin problemas. Esperemos que no sea una característica dejada para RouterOS 7

aarango
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:41 am

Muchas gracias a todos por vuestra ayuda. Finalmente no he tenido mayores problemas, no necesité configurar el PPoE cliente (no sé si esto irá en perjuicio del servicio o no), ¿debería ponerlo con PPoE?. Mi router es el de "All in one".

Tiré un cable desde la ONT a la boca 1 ethernet del router Mikrotik y luego la boca 2 la puse a un switch para llegar a todos los equipos.
En el router de Movistar no toqué nada (lo deje por default), y en el router Mikrotik, sí que configuré la ethernet1 con una IP del router (ej: 192.168.1.2), luego la boca 2 puse un rango mio (192.168.100.0/24), le puse una ruta (en route) que fuera la GW del router de Movistar y ya tuve conexión a internet sin problemas.

Ya que estoy, aprovecho para una 2ª duda, ¿qué pasos debería dar para conectar una segunda línea de internet al mismo router Mikrotik? Quiero conectar dos líneas en Mikrotik, no a modo de balanceo, si no por tener dos líneas y que ambas pasen el tráfico por Mikrotik y poder controlarlo.
Gracias.

English:
Thanks you for our help. Finally, I hadn't problems. I didn't need setup PPoE client (should I do it?). My router is "All in One".

I used a cable from ONT to port 1 ethernet of router Mikrotik. After I connected port 2 to switch.
In Movistar's router I didn't setup anything (all default), and in the router Mikrotik, I configured eth1 with same Ip router Movistar (ej: 192.168.1.1) and after eth2 I used a own range (192.168.100.0/24). I setup a route on Mikrotik with same GW Movistar and I successfully had connection without problems.

BTW, I have a doubt, what steps should I do to connect a second connection to same router Mikrotik? Not rolling, only to keep control 2 lines.
Thanks

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:12 am

He estado buscando más información, ya que tengo que tirar la fibra hasta el mikrotik desde la ont.
He encontrado los distintos métodos :
SN authentication: The OLT detects the serial number (SN) reported by an ONT. If the SN is consistent with the OLT configuration, authentication is passed and the ONT goes online. This mode requires recording all ONT SNs. Hence, it is used to confirm auto discovery ONTs and is not applicable to adding ONTs in batches.

Password authentication: The OLT detects the password reported by an ONT. If the password is consistent with the OLT configuration, the ONT goes online normally. This mode requires planning ONT passwords and does not require manually recording ONT SNs. Hence, it is applicable to adding ONTs in batches. The password authentication provides two discovery modes: always-on and once-on.

always-on: After first password authentication is passed, no SN is allocated and password authentication is always used in subsequent authentications. This discovery mode is easy for future maintenance. In the always-on discovery mode, configuration is not required to be modified when an ONT is replaced and only the password is required. The always-on discovery mode has lower security. If other users know the password, the users will illegally have service permissions.

Once-on: After first password authentication is passed, an SN is automatically allocated and password+SN authentication is used in subsequent authentications. An ONT can go online only after the correct password and SN are entered. The once-on authentication mode has high security. After an ONT is replaced or the password is mistakenly changed, the ONT needs to be configured again, which requires more maintenance effort.

SN+password authentication: The OLT detects the password and SN reported by an ONT. If the password and SN are consistent with the OLT configuration, the ONT goes online normally. This authentication mode has the highest security but it requires manually recording ONT SNs.

LOID+CHECKCODE authentication: defined by a telecom operator. In this authentication mode, LOID has 24 bytes, and CHECKCODE has 12 bytes and is optional. Whether 24 bytes or 36 bytes are used for authentication depends on data planning, which is unified over the entire network. The OLT determines whether LOID+CHECKCODE reported by the ONT is the same as the configured one. If they are the same, the ONT authentication is passed. If they are different, the OLT obtains the ONT password and compares it with the last 10 bytes of the LOID. If they are the same, the ONT authentication is also passed. This operation is for compatibility with the ONTs using password authentication.

Entiendo que nosotros usamos sólo password porque podemos cambiar sin problemas el ont por otro, por ejemplo un hgu,y ahí cambiamos la Mac pero sigue funcionando siempre y cuando pongamos el idont.

Por lo que leo éste otro post de aquí :
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=103383

From China, LOID not is Module Vendor SN,

Vendor SN in EEPROM A0H, Address 68~83 Byte, Size is 16 Byte,

Loid in EEPROM A2H, Address 190~213 Byte, Size is 24 Byte

And....

Password for Loid in EEPROM A2H, Address 214~225 Byte, Size is 12 Byte

So....

Your need wirte to EEPROM for change Loid
you have success changing the ploam password from the A2h memory block?

Cascuda
Topic Author

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:03 pm

I hope this information can help to Increase interest of Mikrotik to develop a new version of Soft

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:03 pm

Cascuda: remember to upgrade to this new version, an OLT will be required, as the only interface to the EEPROM is SPI...

Cascuda
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:42 pm

Cascuda: remember to upgrade to this new version, an OLT will be required, as the only interface to the EEPROM is SPI...
Yes, you are right. But I hope buy a new GPON with the new firmware upgrade.

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:07 pm

That information is not completly correct, let me explaint. to upgrade firmware version on ONU's, you have many methods to perform this.
-the first and the more common is the telecharge via OLT
-the second is using a EEPROM SFP programmer like a revelprog is + sfp adapter or in worst case, using the Adapter SOIC-16/DIL-8 300mil ZIF (FLASH SPI)
-the third is load .bin file directly on ONT (conventional ONT's) via WEB/GUI / Console connection.
-the fourth method, and the we proposed for this case, update directly on a routerboard/routerOS (feature) uploading the .bin from file or auto download/telecharge from mikrotik servers.

for the last method and thinking than routerboard needs to support many ONU-SFP vendors, they need prepare a compatibility table of the diferent models soported for this feature (Update Firmware/ update specific info like Serial / ID / pass) because a few vendors have re-write protections on they modules and a password is required for this operations. but all mothules have the same logic structure, stablished on the standards like SFF-8079 and others.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:16 pm

-the fourth method, and the we proposed for this case, update directly on a routerboard/routerOS (feature) uploading the .bin from file or auto download/telecharge from mikrotik servers.
That isn't electronically feasible with current modules, but will with next generation batch according to Krisjanis support email::
There is a new firmware in development at the moment. When it's released then it will be possible to change various registration ID's and Passwords in the module. At the moment however it is not yet know when it's going to be released.

for the last method and thinking than routerboard needs to support many ONU-SFP vendors, they need prepare a compatibility table of the diferent models soported for this feature (Update Firmware/ update specific info like Serial / ID / pass) because a few vendors have re-write protections on they modules and a password is required for this operations. but all mothules have the same logic structure, stablished on the standards like SFF-8079 and others.
I highly doubt Mikrotik doing this, what would be the point? On a scenario where the router would be a mikrotik, and the SFP ONU a different vendor's, SFP ONU will be matched to same vendor OLT. Why would Mikrotik complicate theirselves having to support other vendor's, or would you need to reprogram it?

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:50 pm

That isn't electronically feasible with current modules, but will with next generation batch according to Krisjanis support email::

It is totally possible, but that is not in the hand of anyone
I highly doubt Mikrotik doing this, what would be the point? On a scenario where the router would be a mikrotik, and the SFP ONU a different vendor's, SFP ONU will be matched to same vendor OLT. Why would Mikrotik complicate theirselves having to support other vendor's, or would you need to reprogram it?
mikrotik should offer support in the older version of SFP-ONU module and a viable method to upgrade the older firmwares to all customer level's, (Service Providers, Home/Office Users, Resellers, ETC)

At least just for mikrotik modules

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:50 pm

Sorry for the delay but I've been disconnected for other problems.
Today I tried to take up the problem and read the eeprom of the Huawei sfp.
I am accessing with a raspberry via i2c, but I can not access the a2h memory map. If I access the a0h.

No size specified (using byte-data access)
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 0123456789abcdef
00: 03 04 01 71 33 00 00 00 01 10 99 03 0d 00 14 c8 ???q3...?????.??
10: 00 00 00 00 48 55 41 57 45 49 20 20 20 20 20 20 ....HUAWEI
20: 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 48 50 53 50 32 31 32 30 ....HPSP2120
30: 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 05 1e 00 68 ....??.h
40: 00 1c 00 00 30 36 30 35 36 35 36 54 44 XX XX XX .?..0605656TDXXX -------> Edited
50: XX XX XX XX 31 33 30 39 32 34 31 34 58 80 03 fc XXXX13092414X??? -------> Edited
60: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
70: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
80: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
90: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
b0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
c0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
d0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
e0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
f0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Connector Type = SC
Transceiver is 10GBase-ER
Wavelength = 1310.0
Vendor = HUAWEI
Partnumber = HPSP2120
Serial = 0605656TDXXXXXXX ---------> Edited
date = 13092414
cc_base = 68, sum = 68
extended cc_base = fc and sum = fc
Internal SFP Temperature = 0.67C
Internal supply voltage = 0.07V
TX bias current = 1.02mA
Optical power Tx = 2.76 dBm
Optical power Rx = -inf dBm
TX bias current = 1.02mA

Can someone help me try to access that memory position?

SmileoffA
just joined

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:14 am

Sorry for the delay but I've been disconnected for other problems.
Today I tried to take up the problem and read the eeprom of the Huawei sfp.
I am accessing with a raspberry via i2c, but I can not access the a2h memory map. If I access the a0h.

No size specified (using byte-data access)
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 0123456789abcdef
00: 03 04 01 71 33 00 00 00 01 10 99 03 0d 00 14 c8 ???q3...?????.??
10: 00 00 00 00 48 55 41 57 45 49 20 20 20 20 20 20 ....HUAWEI
20: 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 48 50 53 50 32 31 32 30 ....HPSP2120
30: 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 05 1e 00 68 ....??.h
40: 00 1c 00 00 30 36 30 35 36 35 36 54 44 XX XX XX .?..0605656TDXXX -------> Edited
50: XX XX XX XX 31 33 30 39 32 34 31 34 58 80 03 fc XXXX13092414X??? -------> Edited
60: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
70: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
80: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
90: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
b0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
c0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
d0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
e0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
f0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Connector Type = SC
Transceiver is 10GBase-ER
Wavelength = 1310.0
Vendor = HUAWEI
Partnumber = HPSP2120
Serial = 0605656TDXXXXXXX ---------> Edited
date = 13092414
cc_base = 68, sum = 68
extended cc_base = fc and sum = fc
TX bias current = 1.02mA
TX bias current = 1.02mA

Can someone help me try to access that memory position?
How did you get write access to the addresses A0H? describe the way!

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:41 pm

How did you get write access to the addresses A0H? describe the way!
For write i use this:

i2cset -y 1 0x50 0x1b 0x20

access to 0x50 at position 0x1b and write 0x20

omnigoro
just joined

Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:36 pm

English:
Spanish:
Hola, soy nuevo en el foro y en redes, yo también estoy tratando de montar una configuración similar. Tengo el HGU (Askey) de Movistar y la próxima semana me llega el Mikrotik rb3011. Me gustaría usar el Mikrotik como router neutro y dejar que el HGU (modo bridge) gestione la IPtv y la VoIP, dejando al rb3011 la gestión de la LAN interna, pero también estoy interesado en poder utilizar un softphone desde la LAN interna. El problema es que debido a mi inexperiencia no veía como hacer toda esta configuración posible. Por lo que veo tu has conseguido hacer que funcione perfectamente una configuración similar. Estaría enormemente agradecido si pudieras compartir los detalles de tu configuración via script o similar. Muchísimas gracias por adelantado!

English:
Hi, I a newbie in the forum and about networks, and I also trying to do a similar configuration like yours. Movistar has just installed an HGU router (Askey) and next week it will arrive the Mikrotik rb3011. I'd like to use the Mikrotik as a neutral router an let the HGU (bridge mode) manage IPtv and VoIP, with the rb3011 managing the internal LAN. But I'm also interested in using a softphome from the internal LAN. The problem is that due to my lack of experience I can't figure out how arrange things to make this configuration works! However, as I can see, you've got it with a very similar configuration. I would be greatly grateful if you could share the details of your configuration via script or something like that. Thank you so much in advance!

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Spanish:

Debes poner el router en modo bridge o en este modelo es monousuario si no recuerdo mal.
Tienes que configurar en el mikrotik tanto la vlan2 (voz) como la vlan6 (datos), en la vlan2 levantas un dhcp y en la 6 el cliente ppoe.
Para que la voz pueda pasar debes realizar unas cuantas configuraciones en el router. Te dejo un ejemplo https://www.alferez.es/configurar-hgu-m ... ar-voz-ip/ (si los administradores lo ven oportuno eliminen el enlace)

English:

You must put the router in bridge mode or in this model is monousuario if I remember correctly.
You have to configure in the mikrotik both the vlan2 (voice) and the vlan6 (data), in the vlan2 you raise a dhcp and in the 6 the client ppoe.
In order for the voice to pass you must make a few configurations on the router. I leave you an example https://www.alferez.es/configurar-hgu-m ... ar-voz-ip/ (if the administrators see fit, delete the link)

omnigoro
just joined

Re: RE: Re: Usage GPON module SFP in Spain

Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Spanish:

Debes poner el router en modo bridge o en este modelo es monousuario si no recuerdo mal.
Tienes que configurar en el mikrotik tanto la vlan2 (voz) como la vlan6 (datos), en la vlan2 levantas un dhcp y en la 6 el cliente ppoe.
Para que la voz pueda pasar debes realizar unas cuantas configuraciones en el router. Te dejo un ejemplo https://www.alferez.es/configurar-hgu-m ... ar-voz-ip/ (si los administradores lo ven oportuno eliminen el enlace)

English:

You must put the router in bridge mode or in this model is monousuario if I remember correctly.
You have to configure in the mikrotik both the vlan2 (voice) and the vlan6 (data), in the vlan2 you raise a dhcp and in the 6 the client ppoe.
In order for the voice to pass you must make a few configurations on the router. I leave you an example https://www.alferez.es/configurar-hgu-m ... ar-voz-ip/ (if the administrators see fit, delete the link)
Spanish:
Gracias, la parte del HGU la tengo más o menos clara. Con respecto a la configuración del mikrotik, tenía entendido que no había que configurar ninguna VLAN, que ya se las pasaba el HGU, al menos la de datos! Y sí, sabía que hay que configurar el PPPoe en el interfaz WAN (ether1) y el dhcp-server en el interfaz LAN (ether6) de donde cuelgo un switch que conecta mis dispositivos. Pero, por ejemplo, no es necesario definir, también, un dhcp-client en el interfaz pppoe-out1, para recibir una IP del HGU?? Me pierdo con los detalles, sobre todo la parte de la configuración de VOip en el mikrotik!!

English:
Thanks, the HGU's configuration is more or less clear. As for Mikrotik's one I had understood that it wasn't necessary any VLAN configuration because HGU passed the VLANs to the Mikrotik, at least the data VLAN (VLAN 6). And yes, I knew that it's necessary to configure the PPPoe on interface WAN (ether1) and dhcp-server on interface LAN (ether6) where is connected a switch which connects my home devices. However, isn't also necessary to define a dhcp-client on interface pppoe-out1 in order to receive an IP address from HGU?? I'm lost in details, specially as it concerns to VOip's configuration on Mikrotik!!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Cascuda
Topic Author

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:35 am

Spanish:
Hola onmigoro, the Router HGU "Todo en Uno" ya gestiona las VLAN. Tu solo tienes que configurar en el Mikrotik el cliente PPoE, un servidor DHCP para que de direcciones Ip en tu red y luego una simple configuración de Firewall.
Si necesitas más ayuda, házmelo saber.

English
Hello omnigoro, the HGU router "All in One" alredy gestion the VLAN. You only have to configurate in the Mikrotik the PPoE client, DHCP server for to give IP in your network and then one simple firewall configuration.
If you need more help let me know

omnigoro
just joined

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:00 am

Spanish:
Hola onmigoro, the Router HGU "Todo en Uno" ya gestiona las VLAN. Tu solo tienes que configurar en el Mikrotik el cliente PPoE, un servidor DHCP para que de direcciones Ip en tu red y luego una simple configuración de Firewall.

English
Hello omnigoro, the HGU router "All in One" alredy gestion the VLAN. You only have to configurate in the Mikrotik the PPoE client, DHCP server for to give IP in your network and then one simple firewall configuration.
Spanish:
Gracias Cascuda! Entonces, no hace falta también un dhcp-client en el interfaz pppoe-out1 para que coja una IP de la red del HGU? Este finde cuando me llegue el router me pondré manos a la obra. Tengo miedo meter la pata y dejar a mi hijo sin poder jugar a la PS4 y a mi mujer sin internet! Luego, cuando funcione lo básico me gustaría que me contarás los detalles de la configuración de VoIP en el mikrotik para poder usar un softphone desde la LAN. Gracias de nuevo!

English:
Thank you Cascuda! So, isn't necessary a dhcp-client on pppoe-out1 in order to obtain an IP address from the HGU'S network? This weekend, when the Mikrotik router arrive, I'll try to do the job. I'm afraid to make a mistake and leave my son without being able to play PS4 and my wife without internet access! Then, once the basic configuration works fine I'll be very pleased if you could tell me the details of VOip's configuration on Mikrotik for being able to use a softphone from internal LAN. Thanks again!!

Cascuda
Topic Author

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:44 am

Spanish:

English
Spanish:
Gracias Cascuda! Entonces, no hace falta también un dhcp-client en el interfaz pppoe-out1 para que coja una IP de la red del HGU? Este finde cuando me llegue el router me pondré manos a la obra. Tengo miedo meter la pata y dejar a mi hijo sin poder jugar a la PS4 y a mi mujer sin internet! Luego, cuando funcione lo básico me gustaría que me contarás los detalles de la configuración de VoIP en el mikrotik para poder usar un softphone desde la LAN. Gracias de nuevo!

English:
Thank you Cascuda! So, isn't necessary a dhcp-client on pppoe-out1 in order to obtain an IP address from the HGU'S network? This weekend, when the Mikrotik router arrive, I'll try to do the job. I'm afraid to make a mistake and leave my son without being able to play PS4 and my wife without internet access! Then, once the basic configuration works fine I'll be very pleased if you could tell me the details of VOip's configuration on Mikrotik for being able to use a softphone from internal LAN. Thanks again!!

Spanish:
Si es necesario. Pero en mi caso, yo lo tengo configurado una IP fija en el Mikrotik para poder acceder al HGU y desabilidado en el HGU el Servidor DHCP. "Cuando tenia Movistar"

English
if is need. But in my case, I have configurate an ip fixed on the Mikrotik Router to acces the HGU Router and also I have disconnected the DHCP server in the HGU Router

omnigoro
just joined

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Usage GPON module SFP in Spain

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:54 am

Spanish:

English
Spanish:

English:

Spanish:
Si es necesario. Pero en mi caso, yo lo tengo configurado una IP fija en el Mikrotik para poder acceder al HGU y desabilidado en el HGU el Servidor DHCP. "Cuando tenia Movistar"

English
if is need. But in my case, I have configurate an ip fixed on the Mikrotik Router to acces the HGU Router and also I have disconnected the DHCP server in the HGU Router
Spanish:
Ah, tiene sentido! Pero si se deshabilita el dhcp-server del HGU, como coge IP el desco de Movistar tv?

English:
Ah, it makes sense! But if you disable dhcp-server on HGU how is assigned the IP address for Movistar's tv desco?

CarlitoxxPro
just joined

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Usage GPON module SFP in Spain

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:29 pm

For Everyone

This forum theme is only for relevant information about SFP-ONU modules not for any other types of consults (already answered and documented in many webs)
https://www.adslzone.net/postt311611.html
http://comunidad.movistar.es/t5/Soporte ... 33#M172376

if you have a other type of issue not related with the SFP-ONU modules please feel free to open a new topic on the forum.

Cordial Regards.

omnigoro
just joined

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Usage GPON module SFP in Spain

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:10 pm

For Everyone

This forum theme is only for relevant information about SFP-ONU modules not for any other types of consults (already answered and documented in many webs)
https://www.adslzone.net/postt311611.html
http://comunidad.movistar.es/t5/Soporte ... 33#M172376

if you have a other type of issue not related with the SFP-ONU modules please feel free to open a new topic on the forum.

Cordial Regards.
Sorry, it was my fault! If you don't mind, any other doubts about router configuration will be placed on the Router OS forum under a more appropriate topic!
Regards

iperezandres

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 am

Hello,

I am another user pretty interested in having my Mikrotik as the unique device connected to my ISP fiber optic network, instead of having an ONT in the middle.

The solution for this problem relies on Mikrotik developing a firmware capable of changing the SN of the SFP module with our ONT's SN, and being able to set the ONT ID or PLOAM PWD manually (in my ISP case, it is equal to the ONT SN).

Thanks to you guys, this thread might "help" Mikrotik to face this issue.

Regards.
Last edited by iperezandres on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cascuda
Topic Author

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:07 am

Hello,

This is another user pretty interested in having my Mikrotik as unique device to connect to my ISP fiber optic network.

As far as I have been reading around, this solution for this problem relies on Mikrotik developing a firmware capable of changing the SN of the SFP module with our ONT's SN, and being able to set the ONT ID or PLOAM PWD manually (in my ISP case, it is equal to the ONT SN).

Thanks to you guys, this thread may be able to "force" mikrotik to face this issue.

Regards.
Yes...We will have to wait by Mkrotik

Ergheiz
just joined

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:07 am

Hi there,

Thumbs up with this post. How it's possible to sell a GPON module for FTTx, and say "all the configuration should be done on the ISP side"?? What is "no configuration required"? FTTx excludes FTTH?? The information on Mikrotik website make you understand that you can introduce the PLOAM in some section inside RouterOS and it already works, or how Mikrotik pretend to identify ourselves towards the ISP?? I dunno if it's possible to ask the ISP to add your module in other countries, but in Spain... surely not. It doesn't make sense to buy this module in Spain, unless the PLOAM it's programmable in the "not too distant future". Very disappointed about this. What solution does plan Mikrotik offer to the "current" GPON module batch owners? A pat on the back and a "bad luck" while smiling, or something? It's the only you understand with the Krisjanis response. This isn't serious. Adapt the business to the market dynamics involves studying it first. Now I understand why this module is refunded so often in this country.

Regards,

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:18 am

Finalmente he podido realizar la tirada de fibra y ya tengo la fibra junto al Mikrotik.
Acabo de conectar el SFP GPON al Mikrotik con el cable de fibra puesto y por lo menos observo que lee valores.

Esta es la información que Mikrotik me devuelve:

name: sfp
auto-negotiation: done
advertising:
link-partner-advertising:
sfp-module-present: yes
sfp-rx-lose: yes
sfp-tx-fault: no
sfp-type: SFP-or-SFP+
sfp-connector-type: SC
sfp-link-length-9um: 20000m
sfp-vendor-name: HUAWEI
sfp-vendor-part-number: HPSP2120
sfp-vendor-serial: 0605656TD901XXXX
sfp-wavelength: 1310nm
sfp-temperature: 158C
sfp-supply-voltage: 3.382V
sfp-tx-bias-current: 11mA
sfp-tx-power: 2.759dBm
sfp-rx-power: -28.719dBm
eeprom-checksum: good
eeprom: 0000: 03 04 01 71 33 00 00 00 01 10 99 03 0d 00 14 c8 ...q3... ........
0010: 00 00 00 00 48 55 41 57 45 49 20 20 20 20 20 20 ....HUAW EI
0020: 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 48 50 53 50 32 31 32 30 .... HPSP2120
0030: 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 05 1e 00 68 .......h
0040: 00 1c 00 00 30 36 30 35 36 35 36 54 44 39 30 31 ....0605 656TD901
0050: XX XX XX XX 31 33 30 39 32 34 31 34 58 80 03 fc XXXX1309 2414X...
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ ........
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ ........
0080: 00 ef 00 80 00 ef 00 80 02 f2 02 6b 02 d0 02 8d ........ ...k....
0090: 14 08 00 cd 14 08 00 cd ff ff 00 00 ff ff 00 00 ........ ........
00a0: 02 01 00 09 02 01 00 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ ........
00b0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 b1 dc fb 9e 36 bf d3 96 ........ ....6...
00c0: b8 2b db 40 3f eb 8c d3 bf 36 c7 9f 09 c0 00 00 .+.@?... .6......
00d0: 01 00 00 00 dc b7 91 35 30 a6 fe 5a 00 00 00 3d .......5 0..Z...=
00e0: 00 b7 02 b2 02 57 49 bf 00 14 00 00 00 00 00 00 .....WI. ........
00f0: 00 40 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .@...@.. ........

Aunque tiene el cable puesto y recibe los valores de la fibra, marca como link No.

Finally I was able to perform the fiber spin and I already have the fiber next to the Mikrotik.
I just connected the SFP GPON to the Mikrotik with the fiber cable put and at least I noticed it reads values.

This is the information that Mikrotik returns me:
name: sfp
auto-negotiation: done
advertising:
link-partner-advertising:
sfp-module-present: yes
sfp-rx-lose: yes
sfp-tx-fault: no
sfp-type: SFP-or-SFP+
sfp-connector-type: SC
sfp-link-length-9um: 20000m
sfp-vendor-name: HUAWEI
sfp-vendor-part-number: HPSP2120
sfp-vendor-serial: 0605656TD901XXXX
sfp-wavelength: 1310nm
sfp-temperature: 158C
sfp-supply-voltage: 3.382V
sfp-tx-bias-current: 11mA
sfp-tx-power: 2.759dBm
sfp-rx-power: -28.719dBm
eeprom-checksum: good
eeprom: 0000: 03 04 01 71 33 00 00 00 01 10 99 03 0d 00 14 c8 ...q3... ........
0010: 00 00 00 00 48 55 41 57 45 49 20 20 20 20 20 20 ....HUAW EI
0020: 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 48 50 53 50 32 31 32 30 .... HPSP2120
0030: 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 00 00 00 00 05 1e 00 68 .......h
0040: 00 1c 00 00 30 36 30 35 36 35 36 54 44 39 30 31 ....0605 656TD901
0050: XX XX XX XX 31 33 30 39 32 34 31 34 58 80 03 fc XXXX1309 2414X...
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ ........
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ ........
0080: 00 ef 00 80 00 ef 00 80 02 f2 02 6b 02 d0 02 8d ........ ...k....
0090: 14 08 00 cd 14 08 00 cd ff ff 00 00 ff ff 00 00 ........ ........
00a0: 02 01 00 09 02 01 00 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........ ........
00b0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 b1 dc fb 9e 36 bf d3 96 ........ ....6...
00c0: b8 2b db 40 3f eb 8c d3 bf 36 c7 9f 09 c0 00 00 .+.@?... .6......
00d0: 01 00 00 00 dc b7 91 35 30 a6 fe 5a 00 00 00 3d .......5 0..Z...=
00e0: 00 b7 02 b2 02 57 49 bf 00 14 00 00 00 00 00 00 .....WI. ........
00f0: 00 40 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .@...@.. ........

Although it has the cable on and receives the values of the fiber, mark as link No.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:20 am

Tengo que decir que todo esto ha sido sin poder modificar el valor del ID en la memoria a2 que sigo con esto pendiente.
Conozco a alguien que tiene un operador WISP y fibra que le pregunté sobre el aprovisionamiento de los equipos, tengo pendiente a ver cuando podemos quedar y llevarme el sfp para ver su central que reconoce que hay pinchado y si una vez conociendo el ID puedo localizarlo de alguna manera en la eeprom y modificarlo.
--------------------------
I have to say that all this has been without being able to modify the value of the ID in memory a2 that I continue with this pending.
I know someone who has a WISP and fiber operator who asked about the provisioning of the equipment, I have pending to see when we can stay and take the sfp to see its central that recognizes that there is puncture and if once knowing the ID I can locate it from Some way in the eeprom and modify it.

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:08 am

I continue searching information about it:

Bytes 123 – 126 contain write-only RAM for entry of a 32 bit password that allows
access to user writable EEPROM at locations 128-247. The default password for
Finisar devices is 0, however it can be set to any value at the factory to insure security
of the user writable EEPROM contents. Please contact your Finisar sales
representative for details on setting up a custom password. Once the password has
been entered into locations 123 – 126, a ‘1’ should be written to address 127 (readable
and writeable RAM cell). Note that the power-on default value of byte 127 is ‘0’. Once
these two steps have been completed, EEPROM at locations 128 – 247 is readable and
writable. The EEPROM remains readable and writable until either the password is
changed or byte 127 is set to 0.
Table 3.19: Password Addresses (2-Wire Address A2h)
Byte Bit Name Description
120-122 All Reserved Reserved
123 All Password Byte 3 High order byte of 32 bit password
124 All Password Byte 2 Second highest order byte of 32 bit password
125 All Password Byte 1 Second lowest byte of 32 bit password
126 All Password Byte 0 Low order byte of 32 bit password
127 All User EEPROM Select ‘1’ selects user writable EEPROM at locations 128 - 247

https://www.finisar.com/sites/default/f ... eivers.pdf

But my ID is F2XXXXXXXXXXXX

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Alferez, are we talking about the Mikrotik SFP GPON module? or a Huawei one???

Alferez
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Mi sfp is Huawei HPSP2120.
This information are generic of sfp, y think that are same for Gpon.

Cascuda
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:27 am

Hello Alferez
Do you've any new about Huawei Gpon?